Bible Study Questions
- Have you ever known anyone who never had an enemy?
- Who is the archenemy every Christian faces?
- How is that enemy described in Mt. 13:39?
- How is that enemy described in 1 Pe. 5:8? But what does Jesus say regarding our power over the enemy? (Lu. 10:19)
- Where is our real battle? (Eph. 6:12)
- Why then does it seem that our trials are with human enemies?
- Describe David's trial with his close friend; his guide. (Ps. 55:12-14)
- As David was a type or prophetic example of Christ, so Ahithophel was a type of Judas. Judas was called alongside Jesus as a disciple, a believer, and a friend who ate, slept, walked and talked with Him. According to Luke 6:40 should we expect to be betrayed in like manner?
- Have you ever felt the betrayal of a close friend?
- What should our response be according to Mt. 22:37 - 40?
- "If a man say, I love God, and __________ __________ __________, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" (1 John 4:20).
- Loving those who've wounded us is (a) an option (b) a command. (Which one?)
- Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, __________ __________ __________, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. (Ephesians 4:32).
- In Mt. 5:43-44 Jesus states very clearly what more we can do for those who betray and wound our hearts.
- ________________ thy neighbor
- ________________ thy enemies
- ________________ them that curse you
- ________________ for them that despitefully use you.
- In Prov. 25:21-22 it says "the Lord shall reward thee" for doing what?
- What did our only perfect example say when He was betrayed and crucified by those very ones deemed religious? (Lu. 23:24)
- What did Stephen say when he was stoned by religious leaders? (Acts 7:60)
- Paul also had those who caused him grief. What did he say? (1 Co. 4:12-13, 1 Peter. 2:23)
- Fill in the following blanks with (a) hate (b) love (c) pray. We can __________ the immoral actions of those in government. We can __________ the sins of homosexuals, abortionists and all Christ despisers. But the Lord commands us to __________ them as people - people for whom Jesus died. And he commands us to __________ for them.
- What does it mean to "bless" someone?
- Name some ways you can "Do good to them that hate you."
- (True or false). Jesus commands us to be reconcilers, forgivers, and blessers and to pray for our enemies.
- (True or false). Jesus commands us to act as an intercessor on their behalf.
- (True or false). It is the glory of a man to pass over a transgression.
Join the Discussion! (Click here)
Last updated March 21, 2002.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Be sure to visit The Missing Link (our homepage)
Why Revival Tarries/ "Help!"/ What's Here/ Sponsor/ Statement of Faith/ Bible Study/ Around the Piano/ Bulletin Board/ Library/ Pulpit Series/ Home