This is my comment on "the meaning of the blood of Jesus Christ to me:"
1. With the "blood of Jesus," the Testament for salvation of God to me is fulfilled. I read in the book of Hebrews, "For where a testament, it is of necessity that the testator must die." The death of our Lord on the cross, therefore, fulfilled that testament.
2. In the several books of the Old Testament, God had made testaments. I can feel that all testaments end in the salvation of the believers. The "blood of Jesus" therefore fulfilled those testaments.
3. After all, the ultimate purpose of God in the creation of men who were, before, created in His image was to have eternal companions. But Adam and Eve shattered this "image" by eating the forbidden fruits. God, therefore, had to "repair" whatever man had destroyed.
4. These are the testaments of God -- all geared towards the "repair" or salvation of the souls.
5. God is a Spirit. In order therefore to fulfill His testament, He had to manifest Himself in the flesh. This is where we find our Lord saying, "I and my Father are one." Thus, the death of our Lord Jesus fulfilled the testament of the Father -- the one and only God according to Paul in 1 Cor. 8:6(a).
6. In the testament, I read in the book of Ezekiel that God promised Himself to be the inheritance to the beneficiaries. Once the fulfillment of the testament, it was time to give the inheritance.
7. Our Lord Jesus told His disciples that upon His death, they would receive the Holy Spirit. This was fulfilled at Pentecost. I can clearly see that the Holy Spirit received by the Disciples is the inheritance promised by God Who is no other than Himself. This is confirmed when Paul said, 2 Cor 6:16 "...for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."
8. All these events culminated at the "shedding of the blood of Jesus Christ on the cross." That to me is the meaning of the blood of Jesus. I believe I received the inheritance (Holy Spirit), for I can understand these things. He is the Teacher and the Comforter. I feel His presence.
Last page was Last page was Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Be sure to visit The Missing Link (our homepage)