Bible Study Discussion Topic
"Honoring the Sabbath!"
December 15, 1997
Related Sermon | Join the Discussion
| Discussion Index
Bible Study Questions
- What is the literal meaning of the word 'Sabbath'? Where & how did the Lord Describe obedience to the Sabbath?
- What was the punishment for the man who was caught breaking the Sabbath? In your opinion, why was it so harsh?
- The Pharisee's greatest accusation against Jesus was that He was a "Sabbath Breaker". Why?
- Why did the early Christians begin to observe the Sabbath on Sunday instead of Saturday?
- Is the Sabbath a matter of legalistic obedience or spiritual observance?
- What was the prophet Jeremiah's reaction to scenes of activity on the Sabbath?
- Read Isaiah 40:28. Does the Lord ever get 'tired' or 'weary' as man does? If not, why did He 'rest' on the seventh day?
- God's creation was perfect but it still had the potential to fail. What was God's plan if it did?
- God's rest was setting 'a day of grace'. What is the rest to our souls?
- What did Jesus say in Matthew 11:28 and how do you interpret this statement?
- Jeremiah was horrified at people carrying burdens on the Sabbath. How will you avoid carrying wearisome burdens not only on Sunday but everyday?
- What is the incredible promise given in Jeremiah 17:24,25 ? Who are the kings and princes mentioned?
- How do people, who do not lay their burdens on the Lord, get consumed by them? Has this ever happened to you?
- Nehemiah tried to keep the gates shut through the Sabbath, but the people, with their burdens, camped outside. How can you apply this to a modern day situation?
- What will it take for you to 'lay your burdens' on the Lord and not pick them up again?
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated April 15, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Be sure to visit The Missing Link (our homepage)
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/