Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
Are You Mad At God?
February 16, 1998
Bible Study Questions
- A growing number of Christians are carrying around resentment and are mad at God. Why?
- What are some of the dangerous and bitter consequences of holding a grudge against God?
- In the story, Aggie, what happened to the Flood family that caused the father, David, to be so bitter and angry with God?
- What were the horrible consequences that plagued David Flood because of his anger toward God?
- Did God work out this tragedy in a wonderful way?
- Jonah is an excellent example of someone being angry at God. Why was he angry?
- Rage against God usually begins with a ______________ .
- What are typical reactions to disappointment?
- What happens if we continue to nurse a peeved spirit?
- Have things happened in your life that you are mad at God about? Do you feel you have a right to be angry at God? (Be honest!)
- Are you at a place in your life where you are asking/telling God, "I pray, I read my Bible, I obey your word. So why has all this trouble fallen on my life? And why don't I see the blessings God has promised me?" (Again, be honest!)
- What is the worst danger of harboring and irritation at God?
- What is the progression of harboring our questions and complaints for too long? Questions and complaints to _____________ to _____________ to rage.
- Is it possible to reach a point where you're no longer able to be touched?
- There is good news for those who are at or past the point of refusing consolation. God's word say there is _______!
- Even when everything looks like failure and ruin, does God have wonderful things in mind for you? What would God say to you in what looks like the midst of desolation?
- Is God able to heal your hurts, bitterness, anger and rage?
- You may see only ruin, but God sees ______________. Let Him heal you!
From: Mark E. Howerter
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998
Subject: Aggie Mad at God article has some errors
Hazel at the North Central Bible College library in Minneapolis, MN,
(firstname.lastname@example.org) researched the Aggie story and tried to
find the book, "Aggie" for me and found that some of the facts Rev.
Wilkerson stated were not quite right. First of all, the name of the
book is "One Witness" ISBN # 0-8007-9088-X. Second, Mr. Hurst was
president of Northwestern Bible College in Seattle, WA, not NCBC in
Minneapolis, MN. Just thought you'd like to know.
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net
Be sure to visit The Missing Link
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/