Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
Good Things That Keep People Out of Heaven!
September 9, 1996
Bible Study Questions
- True or false: Many good people who are involved in
doing wonderful things will not make it to heaven.
- True or false: Some may be in danger of losing their
very soul -- even though they sit in church,
absolutely convinced they are on their way to heaven!
- What can shut good people out of heaven?
- How do you prioritize your time? For instance, how
many times have you missed church to conduct business?
Who does the waiting -- your business, or the Lord?
- Speaking about the days of Noah and Lot, why does
Jesus focus only on the good, legitimate things people
were doing in the days just prior to judgment?
- Have you turned your attention away from God's Word
while becoming completely absorbed in your own
- What causes Christians to not care about warnings of
- Do you neglect God's house, God's Word, prayer,
- Is Christ the center of your life?
- How does he feel at being spurned by those who once
walked, talked and cried with Him?
- Have you given Jesus the cold shoulder?
- What is one of the most hindering sins in the church
- What happened with Hezekiah and Manasseh?
- What was the sin of the three men in the parable of
the man who made a great feast -- but whose invited
guests all turned him down (Luke 14:16-24)?
- What special time does a true lover of Jesus Christ
- Why will a large number who ought to be in the
bridal procession be left out (Matthew 25:1-13)?
- Do you know Jesus in your secret closet as well as
- Do you talk with Him as you're driving to work, on
the subway, riding the bus?
- When the church doors open, are you there as often
- When that final day comes, will Jesus know you?
- How can you watch for Jesus' coming if you're all
wrapped up in the good things of this world?
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997
From: Jeremy Carlos Garcia
Subject: God's House Comment (re: Good Things that keep people of out of Heaven)
1 Tim. 3:14 - "These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto
1 Tim. 3:15 - "But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou
oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which
is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
Paul also referred to our place of worship and fellowship as the "house
of God". David Wilkerson reference is correct.
But it was good for Roger question it. But, God's Word is our
Date: Thu, 26 Sep
From: Roger Soileau
Subject: God's House
I like David's studies and I think he is Spirit lead, but I disagree with
his interpretation of God's house. The scripture clearly states that we
are the temple of God. It actually says that we, the Church, are the
Holy of Holies, which is where God dwelt among men in the old covenant.
Why does Brother Wilkerson insist on calling the church building the
house of God?
The bible tells us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves, but this
does not necessarily mean in an organized church. In fact, if you go to
church out of legalizm, you are sinning because without faith is
impossible to please God. Faith comes by Hearing and hearing the Word of
God. If the Spirit of God is not leading you to a church organization,
you should not go!
I agree with the teaching, but when applied to the individuals in the
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Be sure to visit The Missing Link (our homepage)
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/