Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
Are You a Merciful Christian?
December 2, 1996
Bible Study Questions
- Why did God send angels to rescue Lot and his family?
Why was Lot saved? Why did God send angels to
literally pull this man out of destruction?
- How is it that we are not swallowed up in the sins of
- What do you suppose Lot must have thought as he watched
the smoldering embers of that city?
- How many times have you failed the Lord?
- How often have you had evil thoughts, things you didn't
think you were even capable of thinking?
- How many times have you said hurtful things to others?
- How many things have you done that were unlike Jesus
and grieved the Holy Spirit?
- How many times has your disobedience brought down on
your head all kinds of tribulation, sorrow and suffering?
- Do you acknowledge that God has been merciful and kind
toward you? Has he been slow to anger about your sins
- Are you a merciful, kind Christian to others?
- How can you offer comfort to others, when you have
not yet learned yourself how to draw comfort in
God's mercy to you?
- How can you give comfort to another believer?
From: marilyn daugherty
Subject: am I merciful
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997
I truly hope that I am, although my fear is that I am not. I am a pastor's
wife and try to live to the best of my ability like Christ would live and
yet inspite of myself I see things in other people that I don't like and my
first instinct is to tell them about it.
I do not tell them most of the time because as I said my first instinct is
to tell them. By the time I've had time to think about it I get a look at
myself and see how rotten I can be as well. On the whole, when you look at
the church most people are kind and considerate of others. The small number
that I see that are ugly to one another are few in number. Thank the Lord.
I think we all spend a great deal of time looking on the negative side of
life rather than the positive.
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net
Be sure to visit The Missing Link
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/