Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
The Death of Compassion!
February 3, 1997
Bible Study Questions
- Gather a few tragic stories from your local newspaper
that have happened over the past few months.
- During his time on the earth, Jesus was the embodiment
of God's ______________.
- Scripture frequently says Christ was "moved with
_____________" by the suffering of people.
- What does compassion mean?
- At one point, he departed into the wilderness to pray.
When the multitudes discovered his whereabouts, they
followed him by foot from all the surrounding towns.
In desperation, they brought him their lame, their
blind, their dying, their demon-possessed. What did
- Did Jesus have pity toward them?
- Did He have sympathy?
- What is the last hope for humankind?
- Should we pray for revival, hold all-night prayer
meetings -- and simply step over the homeless lying
right outside our church doors?
- Compassion cannot be only sympathy and pity. What
else must it be?
- What question does compassion ask?
- What kind of outpouring should we pray for in our
- What is the church doing about the problems of our
- What has captured our attention and energies?
- How can you produce a mighty miracle, a great sign
to all unbelievers?
- Would you be willing to take in a single mother and
give her your extra bedroom for three months? Or
simply let her sleep on your couch?
- Would you feed her while she looks for an apartment?
- Would you minister to her?
- Would you lift her out of the pit of despair?
- Would doing this constitute a miracle?
- Would it be considered a sign, a wonder?
- On what condition does the Lord promise to guide you
- Why is the church so downhearted?
- Why aren't shepherds teaching their people to reach
out to human needs, so that when the needy come to
church they'll find a well-watered garden, a deep
source springing up?
- On what does God want us to focus?
- What prayer can I pray that will change me to a
Christian filled with compassion?
- Are you filled with your own problems?
- Are you lonely? What could you do to cure your
- Do you need a friend? What could you do to cure
- What can I do that will cause God to send needs
to my doorstep?
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net
Be sure to visit The Missing Link
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/