Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
The Stumbling Block of Iniquity!
February 24, 1997
Bible Study Questions
- Certain elders of Israel came to the prophet Ezekiel
seeking direction and guidance from the Lord. What
did God show Ezekiel about these men?
- Discuss the contrast between their inward and outward
- Am I a respected man of God, going about my ministry,
yet indulging in secret sin?
- Do I expect God to ignore what is in my heart, and
answer my requests in truth and righteousness?
- TRUE OR FALSE: Anyone believer who clings to a secret
sin, or anything contrary to God's Word, cannot hear
the true voice of God.
- Are you clinging to an idol in your heart?
- Do you have a stumbling block of iniquity in your
- Are you under the dominion of a besetting sin?
- Are you deceived by a bondage that could destroy you?
- Define a "stumbling block of iniquity."
- Are you coming to God's house, raising your hands,
and worshiping Him loudly -- yet carrying a stumbling
block of iniquity in your heart?
- Describe the priests in the book of Malachi who wept
in God's house night and day, covering the altar with
- When does hardness of the heart set in?
- What lesson can we learn from Ephraim (Jeremiah 31:19)?
- How can I once again hear the true word of the Lord?
- Will fasting help?
- Will God answer my prayer if I come to Him while
coddling a stumbling block of iniquity?
- What happened to the children of Israel when they
begged the Lord in the wilderness while harboring
hearts full of idolatry (Numbers 11:33)?
- How did God answer Balaam?
- What happens to the person who refuses to cast down
his stumbling block of iniquity, who refuses to
acknowledge his idols and smash them up?
- What happened to King Ahab when he refused to cast
down his stumbling block of iniquity (1 Kings 22)?
- How are fleshly Christians "led" to each other?
- Won't Christians who turn to the Bible to inquire
of the Lord, while still clinging to stumbling
blocks of iniquity, hear from the Lord?
- TRUE OR FALSE: Even the Scriptures can confirm your
- According to God's Word, why must God answer
idolaters so harshly (Ezekiel 14:10-11)?
- What is your stumbling block of idolatry?
- What words can you pray to God to find deliverance
from your idol?
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997
When I read this message I was very much astonished in how much Bro.
Wilkerson was really in line with the word of God and how I had to search my
own life in this regard. I am very guilty in some ways and I got down on my
knees that night and prayed that God would help me to remove all stumbling
blocks and purify both my heart and soul.
I am glad that there are still ministers that are not afraid to preach the
word so that we may LIVE!
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997
Subject: the newsletter stumbling block of inquity
David Wilkerson's message is right on target once again. Never in my entire
life have I read such convicting sermons. The Lord's spirit is truly upon him.
Being a minister myself, I am convicted in my heart about certain stumbling-
blocks in my own life. I have been seeking the Lord for a fresh anointing in
my ministry. But the Lord has been showing me through his spirit my short
comings, which prevents his life from being manifested in me.
as I am sure yours is too, is to be more like Jesus. I think if we would let
the Holy Spirit search our hearts and minds, we would be suprised at what
he would reveal to us about ourselves.
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net
Be sure to visit The Missing Link
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/