Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
The Perils and Sorrows of a Contrite Heart!
May 19, 1997
Bible Study Questions
- Name a cheating, deceiving, conniving, manipulating,
supplanting man in the Old Testament.
- What was the significance of the birthright in Old Testament
- What was the spiritual significance of this birthright?
- What other blessing had Jacob stolen from his brother?
- What meaning does the vision of Jacob's ladder have for us
- What specific promises did the Lord give Jacob?
- Why did God bless Jacob after he'd stolen and deceived?
- What is the meaning of Jacob's name?
- Why did God look so favorably on Jacob?
- What is God looking for in us?
- How do we know Jacob revered God's word?
- TRUE OR FALSE: There is no evidence Jacob wanted the
birthright for selfish reasons.
- Name some wonderful, new covenant promises the Lord has
given us today.
- What kind of person does God love and bless?
- What is the meaning of the word "contrite"?
- What incident clearly told Jacob that God was with him as he
entered into the new land?
- What did Laban promise Jacob for his wages?
- How did Laban deceive Jacob?
- What excuse did Laban give Jacob?
- Did Jacob ever doubt God's promises?
- Do those with a contrite spirit still experience terrible
- Can the path of obedience lead to peril?
- When Jacob failed to go all the way to Bethel as God
commanded him, what happened?
- What types of perils and trials did Jacob face?
- Did God ever fail to keep His word to Jacob?
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net
Be sure to visit The Missing Link
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/