Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Bible Study Discussion
Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord!
June 9, 1997
Bible Study Questions
- What are the three most common words heard among Christians
in times of crisis?
- What is probably the most difficult thing about the Christian
- Have you ever cried: "Lord, when are you going to do
something about this? How long will you take? If you
don't act now, it will be too late!"?
- TRUE or FALSE: God is never too late.
- For what reason might God lead us into situations that
are alarming, critical, difficult?
- What is the meaning of the word "ordered" in Psalm 37:23?
- God allows these hard things in our lives in order to
produce _________ in us.
- Does God ever say, "Now you're on your own!"?
- Give one example of when God deliberately set up an
alarming crisis for his people.
- For what two purposes do you suppose God allowed the
Israelites to be hemmed in between the Egyptians and
the Red Sea?
- How do we know God arranged this frightful situation to
test his people?
- Are you facing your own crisis right now?
- What should you do when everything appears hopeless
-- when there is no visible escape? What happens when
you're overcome with fear because everything is coming
down all around you -- and you have nowhere to turn,
no answers for your problem, no one to tell you how to
get out of your trouble?
- What is the first matter you must deal with?
- TRUE or FALSE: God will never lead you into temptation.
- How many Israelites would have been spared if they'd
returned to Egypt?
- Have you ever been caught in the hellish cycle of sin and
confess, sin and confess?
- What one thing does God require of us before we can hear
his voice of direction?
- What is the secret to our total victory and deliverance?
- What is the meaning of "stand still" in Joshua 3:8?
- On what occasion was Israel's king commanded to stand
still rather than act? (1 Samuel 9:27)
- What is the meaning of "set yourself, stand still" in
2 Chronicles 20:15-17?
- What is required in this matter of standing still before
- How can I know if a voice I hear is God's? How can I
discern whether it's his, or mine, or my flesh's?
- What other voices may we hear?
- How can you know God has brought you through this test
Copyright © 1999 - The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
North Central Ohio, U.S.A.
TOP OF PAGE
Last page was last updated February 26, 1999.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net
Be sure to visit The Missing Link
Why Revival Tarries/
Statement of Faith/
Around the Piano/